Mobile Doctors aims for larger share of market

0

Medical reporting agency Mobile Doctors is aiming to capture 100,000 instructions per year by 2021.

Achieving the aim would see the medical reporting agency hold more than than 10% of a market with hundreds of players, following Slater and Gordon’s acquisition of Mobile Doctors in 2015 and the introduction of MedCo.

Mobile Doctors currently handles more than the 40,000 referrals per year required of a Tier 1 MedCo provider, but is pushing for 100,000 instructions by 2021.

To this end, the medical reporting agency has made a significant investment in sales and marketing, building a five-strong team in just six months, to help achieve the goal.

Mobile Doctors is expanding after its acquisition in 2011, when Quindell rebranded the business and positioned it to work on cases referred by other parts of the group, and external clients fell away.

Slater and Gordon acquired Quindell in 2015 and decided to relaunch Mobile Doctors.

As MedCo, the government-backed system for sourcing medical reports in low-value soft-tissue injury claims following road traffic accidents, had already been established, the law firm could not refer clients to its own medical reporting business.

Slater and Gordon instead supported Mobile Doctors in building up its external client base once more, to the point where nearly 80% of its work is with other law firms—more than 400 firms have instructed Mobile Doctors through MedCo. The remaining 20% is handling Slater and Gordon’s non-MedCo cases.

Mobile Doctors has evolved into one of the most successful parts of the Slater and Gordon Group, doubling in size since the acquisition.

Chief operating officer Neil Ross (pictured) commented: “We are in a very competitive market place where everyone has essentially the same product—Mobile Doctors has been able to regain its status through offering both instructing parties and their claimants the highest possible service and ethical standards. Our growth since joining the Slater and Gordon Group shows that our ambition of reaching 100,000 instructions is realistic.”

Subscribe to the Claims Weekly newsletter and receive the latest claims news and analysis every Monday:

Share.

About Author

Mark Dugdale is the editor of Claims Media. Mark welcomes articles, letters or feedback from readers and can be reached via mark.dugdale@barkerbrooks.co.uk